WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mackinac Island: Last Part of Vacation...

WOW...

That's about all I have to say about Mackinac Island. What an interesting place! I have to say that I LOVED the view of Mackinac from OUTSIDE of the actual "tourist" part much much more. All the shops and mass amount of people made me very claustrophobic, but outside of that... it reminded me of Ireland and the rocky beaches, beautiful blue skies, very green landscapes, and just all around amazing view! I'm glad we went and were able to see the beautiful scenery, but at the time I was wishing for a bit warmer weather and the quick rain session gave me a bit of the chills.

All in all a great trip!

(some of these were taken with the P&S camera... due to the nature of riding bikes and the size of my big camera... not easy to pull of the pocket)

Inside the city was a lot of old vintage things... like this...I haven't seen one of these in person... EVER!

Photobucket

One of the ONLY forms of transportation, except bikes...

Photobucket

This one was very FANCY...

Photobucket

Outside of the city was my FAVORITE...

Photobucket

To get to this rock we had to climb the steepest hill, climbing up that was my workout for the day... pheww...

Photobucket

This reminded me of Ireland with all the rocks...

Photobucket

Right before the rain...

Photobucket

Pan shot... (consisting of 3 different photos)

Photobucket

The Grand Hotel... whoah... FANCY FANCY hotel... has a dress code and all... that's as close as I get in those clothes...

Photobucket

The biggest porch ever!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Karen Bosch said...

I've been looking forward to seeing your pictures of Mackinac Island! Lovely! Sheri said you were surprised that you couldn't go into the Grand Hotel. Hehe! - if you want to see what it looks like inside, here's a few of my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20624555@N00/sets/72157621696565395/