WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Monday, September 13, 2010

Emily :: Yoga Star

I love yoga...

I mean LOVEEEEE yoga. I don't know how all those years of playing sports, lifting weights, running miles and miles could ever compare to the feeling I get from a nice hot yoga class. Mmmm... it makes my heart melt. There is something about it that is so addicting whether it is the atmosphere, the way my body feels afterwards (which right now, not much makes it feel good), or the people I have met through it. It's a WIN-WIN situation, that's for sure!

Ever since I started doing yoga, I always thought it would be cool to take some photos of people doing yoga. Everyone has a different body, some super flexible, some super strong, some can balance like no other... it's amazing how everyone has their own nitch. Plus yoga is fun... so I knew it would be really fun!

Well recently, a friend from my studio asked me to get some cool shots of her for her new website. I was so stinkin' excited, I think I might have ripped my jeans from the high cheerleader kick I did in excitement!!! Ha... not really, but that did happen before. Haha!

Emily is a personal trainer/fitness instructor out in L.A. She is such a great instructor, I know because my arms are still feeling the workout she gave another friend and I on how to do a down dog CORRECTLY! Wowwwzzzaaa! It's a lot harder than you thought. But she not only is a great instructor, her body does some pretty incredible things. She has an amazing yoga practice and the photos below prove that. Not only is Emily great at what she does, she's super sweet and so fun to hang out with! We had some MAJOR laughs and even scary moments in our session. Well she more than I, but I would have been responsible. I think her life flashed before her eyes when I asked her to go out on the ledge of the parking structure. She survived and we got some amazing shots!

Thanks for being so easy going and a dare devil, Em... you were awesome!

Namaste!!!

Photobucket

(What was I thinking asking her to do this... THIS photo is what I was thinking!- AWESOME!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Yes, that was a moving train! Sooo cool!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: