WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jake, Leah, Indy & Anna Jones, plus 11 8-week old puppies :: Portrait

When I meet people and they find out I'm a photographer, random questions sometimes come up.

Conversations can sometimes sound like this

"So, what has been the craziest thing you've taken photos of?"

I usually tell them about the time I took photos for Berkley's Marching Band, but I was actually on the field during homecoming and walking around in their formation, or I guess I was pretty out of formation to get some 'in action' photos for them, or the time I was asked to take photos of the cable guy's wife... lucky for me that never happened. I'm not really sure what "KIND" of photos he really wanted. Pheww... haha!

But I recently took photos that I would gladly share a new story with, about the time I took photos of a family with 2 dogs and 11 puppies!!!!

WOW!

I'm sure most people know, or have at least heard, what puppies are like: balls of energy, crazy, clumsy, very little hearing, lots of distractions, innocent, yet mischievous, gets into EVERYTHING, but simply the cutest things you have EVER seen! Well try thinking to yourself what ONE is like and add 10 to the mix. A bit overwhelming? Yeah, I agree! But Jake & Leah wanted to get some photos done with the whole clan before they left to their new homes in the next couple of days. I was so excited for this shoot... like seriously, out of my mind, crazy excited! You guys all know I love dogs and puppies are so stinkin' cute, ESPECIALLY when they are not yours because you can send them home with their owners. Haha! I had so much fun and what an experience! LOVED IT!

(I have to put some of the funny ones in as well to show you all the true nature of the shoot!)

Seriously... it was a bit chaotic... Haha!

Photobucket

Much better...

Photobucket

Soooooo cute...

Photobucket

I wish I could say this was all skill, but I admit it was all luck that this shot is perfect...

Photobucket

A HUGE Thank You to Julie & Jade for helping calm the chaos... you guys rocked!

Photobucket

Happy Fall...

Photobucket

And that's a wrap... back in the box they go... adorable! I love you puppies!

Photobucket

No comments: