WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Distractions...

Really... who needs organization? Who needs a clean house? Who needs time for myself?

I mean come on... it has been crazy enough, why not pile on more crazy to our life, right?

EXACTLY!

So there is a story to go along with the intro...

If you remember earlier this year, we decide to start fostering dogs. I LOVED it and Maddox LOVED it! Todd was iffy, but he wasn't home as much as I was, so he didn't get a chance to bond with them as much as I did. So that was back in January, and now it's October. I've been really wanting to either foster again or just go ahead and get another dog. I was pushing for the "getting another dog" option, but it's been tricky trying to persuade him. I've planted a few seeds and now that our house is coming in order, it would be the ideal time.

So just last week Todd emailed me some dogs on Petfinder. We found Maddox on there, and have had EXCELLENT luck on him. Plus, it's the way to go when it comes to dogs because you are potentially helping them out of terrible situations, which is the case of my story. So back to the email Todd sent. He sent me a few dogs that he thought would be good with Maddox. He didn't believe me that I said I was going to call about some, so later that day I actually narrowed it down to one. I fell in love with her. She seemed PERFECT for us and for Maddox! When Todd got home, I talked him into it and we made plans to get a home visit first. They had to make sure we had a fence, etc... so Monday was the day. The lady came with the most precious dog you've ever met. She is a 2 year old mix of all sorts of dogs, but mainly a shepherd mix. She was a stray that was brought into the pound and had only one more day for someone to pick her up before she was killed. They think she was tied up so tight that it caused her hair around her neck to be really bare and it looks as though something got stuck around her leg because she has a really big scare around her right back leg. They think she also just had a litter of puppies, but was spayed after being taken in. She LOVES kids and is extremely gentle with them. She is the sweetest most loving dog, who loves to cuddle and be right next to you at all times!

When the lady came on Monday, she brought the precious dog with her and we instantly fell in love. Plus, her and Maddox got along really well, which was the most important thing. So all in all, we decided to KEEP HER!!! I was SOOOO excited! We love her and she is the greatest! Maddox is a bit jealous that there is another dog here that is getting attention, but he's still our baby as well. We now just have another one to add to our humble abode.

Meet Roma... (they were calling her Ramona, but we changed it up a bit)

Photobucket

Isn't she the cutest!!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh my goodness..She is too precious! I hope I can meet her soon! :)