WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksiversary!!!!

Happy Thanksiversary?

Yes, you read that right...

Today is a double celebration here in the Veldman house. Not only is today Thanksgiving, which is so great because we can remember all the things we are thankful for, and I mean ALL the things, but it also falls on such a memorable day as well! There are sooo sooo many things to remember and be grateful for today, BIG and small that has allowed us to get to the exact point in our lives. I am so thankful for all of those situations and circumstances....

I remember seven years ago there was a horrible tornado that hit Indiana. My mom saw it go over her house and then it hit the skating rink just three blocks away. The skating rink's roof was no longer there. That's the horrible part... skating was so stinkin' fun there when I was young. Sad days there! But just 25 miles to the east of the tornado there was a school that I attended and that same frightful storm was passing over us. I was there not really sure what to do, being a rebel teen I was, I wanted to stay outside and admire the extremely cool sky and dark clouds. As I was outside, there was a boy and his friends who were hanging outside the window, right across from where I was, to get a better view. I, being the huge rebel, went over to the "Boy's Only" dorm to hang my head out the window as well. Little did I know that this one situation would later be pivotal in my life.

Fast forward about 6 months or so... another situation at the same place brought myself and that same boy from the tornado incident together again. I was there for preseason soccer, he was there for new student orientation... Little did we know this time would be the start of such a beautiful thing. I am so glad that everything in my life brought me to this boy from the tornado. He is the love of my life, my closest and dearest friend, someone who can make me laugh and smile, someone who supports and takes care of me. He is truely the most amazing person I know! I am forever grateful for him and his huge loving heart!

Four years ago today was the day we said "I DO" and I'm so thankful for the chance to celebrate our life together on one of the most "Thankful" days of the year. I am sooooo thankful for all the situations that has brought me here to this exact moment!

Happy Anniversary to my LOVE, today I remember all the excitement, love, nerves, and joy, that we had on our special day! You mean everything to me and I am truly am the luckiest girl alive... XOXO!!

Happy Thanksigiving to everyone... enjoy this day and be thankful for all of your situations that brought you to today!!! XOXO!

Photobucket

2 comments:

SarahMeg said...

too sweet abby!

Deb-Close to my Heart Consultant said...

i'm bad. i thought it was tonmorrow. happy anniversity.