WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Blood Pressure is RISING!!!

Up, Up, and Away... I think that's what happened with my blood pressure yesterday. I am not quite sure what it was at, but I could feel if one more thing happened that Todd might have come home to find me in a coma from it reaching the MAX.

If you all know me, you know I usually run a "few" minutes behind. It's what we like to call "Faunce Time" in our family. Holla!!! "Faunce Time" is defined as time on a separate watch that we are always on time, no matter how LATE we might seem to be. It is usually 5-10-20 mins late and since I am originally a "Faunce", that's how I occasionally roll still and yesterday was one of THOSE days.

Here's the story:

I was on my way to an appt. and right on one of the busiest streets (Rochester Rd to be exact), my truck stalls. So luckily I was at a stoplight to start it back up. I try to start it and nothing happens. I try again... nothing... AGAIN... NOTHING... AGAIN... you get it... NOTHING happened. So by this point the light is turning green. "OH NO!" I'm thinking... right in the midst of this extremely busy road and loads of traffic, I'm one of THOSE people who breaks down. To make it worse I was of course in the left hand lane... I couldn't pull over, I couldn't move forward, I couldn't get out and yell for help, I couldn't do anything. I had no blinkers, no flare gun (Yes, I would have used it if I had it), no white flag to wave for help, just a cell phone with a low battery to my rescue. I kind of felt like I was in jail and had ONE call to make to get me out of the pen. I called Todd... nope... luckily, I hung up quick enough to call my dad-in-law (Thanks Dick for answering!) and he was going to come bail me out. I was able to tough out all the honks and dirty looks, long enough for help to arrive. Phewww... I was spent! The rest of the day was a huge blurr... and I'm not quite sure how I spent it. But to those of you who were driving on Rochester Rd. between 9:30-10:30 am. yesterday and were stuck in a traffic jam, you can thank me! I am the cause of your lateness and for once I will allow you to use the excuse that you were on "Faunce Time".

And because posts are better with a picture... here is a sneak peak of Abby. What a fun spirit!

Photobucket

Have a great weekend!

No comments: