WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Friday, August 13, 2010

Inspired by Dogs & Kids... Weird? I know!!!

Oh my gosh... is she not the cutest puppy you've ever seen (besides Maddox, of course!)

Photobucket

What a busy week it's been! I feel like summer is coming to a close... aghh... I want to hang on to it for a couple months more, even though fall is my FAVORITE time of year. I'm hoping that the days will go by slower, if that is even possible. I feel like we've been so busy this summer, especially this past week, that I'm not sure what the day or the time even is. I also know I've been a total blog slacker this summer, but if I had it my way, I would be blogging every day. Unfortunately, somehow the days seem to escape me and I'm not exactly sure where the days or months have gone. It's been one of "those" summers. Where you lose track of all reality and you are living in this world of chaos and un-organization. I sometimes see an end in sight and then something hits me on top of the head and snaps me back... literally snaps my back. Ughh... still working on the back situation... haha!

But this past week was another busy time, YET totally inspiring.

We watched the little love muffin in the photo above, which was so stinkin' sweet. Her name was Romi and I fell in love with her. It made me want to get another 'couple' dogs again. Todd is thinking I'm crazy at this point, but why not help those pups who need a home. I would do the fostering thing again, but it's sooooo hard to give them back. I guess I'll just stick to the watching other people's dogs until I can talk Todd into getting another one of our own, or just bringing one or two home and giving him a few sets of puppy dog eyes... hehe!

But this past week I had the privilege to be a part of such a cool trip to downtown Detroit. Downtown Detroit? Yes, Downtown Detroit. Todd and I are high school youth leaders at our church, and this past week I went down there, while Todd worked (Sorry Babe!), to help with whatever needed done, including: took some photos, pulled weeds, swept trash up, took more photos, mowed a yard with bush trimmers, picked up trash, raked leaves up, talked with some young inner city kids, became even more thankful for what I have, fell in love with 20+ high schoolers who are incredible people, got dirty, smiled and laughed a lot, and took even more photos. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but it was such a great trip!

Here are some of the photos from the trip...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: