WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Amish Country

Whoah Horsey!!!

Seriously, slow down, you just might miss this place. Todd & I travelled down to Ohio for a few days this past week to visit a place known as "Amish Country." I've never been there before, but was pleasantly surprised being there. It was like we were on the set of "Little House on the Prairie" or something with horse and buggies everywhere, farms, the smell of manurer, and of course the Amish people. They do not like to get their photo taken, so I opted not to disrespect them, even though it was really tempting since they were all so beautiful! But I did get a few photos of the actual country, and what a beautiful place it was!

In a way, it was really weird being there, since most of us live in a civilized world with TV's, cell phones, computers, cars, etc... and being there made me appreciate the simple life so much more. I'm not sure I would want to live without EVERYTHING, but without some things would be great! I think being balanced is the best way, but respect the Amish for being so disciplined and committed to their culture.

All in all we had a great time and came back with some pretty unique stuff!

Here are some of my favorites of the country...

Here are a couple of Amish Schools that are still active today...

Photobucket

Look at that playground equipment...

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was so cute... cups and all...

Photobucket

It was laundry day... so funny!

Photobucket

I was loving all the fields with cattle... it reminds me of Indiana!

Photobucket

Oh wow... the tractor in the background was perfect!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: