WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Don't let me have time off or I go CRAZY!

I'm destroying our house as we speak, and I'm the biggest neat freak ever! It actually hurts me to put this photo up and it's a censored photo of the mess I'm making. This is what happens when I have two weeks off.



Since we moved in last May, I have wanted to update ALL of our rooms. We moved in with every wall, ceiling, and piece of trim being a creamy yellow color. It was alright at first but starts to really burn your eyes. It's not a good shade of yellow. Being we just did our office, I needed more projects and now that I have a couple weeks off until our next wedding, I have gotten myself into a HUGE mess. I have ripped out the trim in our upstairs hallway and one of our guest bedrooms. I pretty much took every paint color sample imaginable in Home Depot and have them all taped up on the walls figuring out which one I liked best. So let's just say I have painted ceilings now (yeah), BUT no trim, painters paper everywhere, paint cans, paint brushed, paint trays, a hammer, screwdriver, crow bar, nails, putty, sanding paper, paper towels, and a sore neck from looking up (hence the painted ceilings). I am determined to get both done before my wedding next week and let's hope I make it.

So if you don't hear from me for another couple days it probably means I've passed out from the paint fumes I will be absorbing with all the painting of walls and trim.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ab! How do you rip off and intall trim? i have been wanting to do that in our house forever! how'd you learn?????