WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Inspiration out the Wazzooo!

You know those emails you get that has the sideshow of all the photos and quotes that leave you feeling you can just go out and save the world?

That is exactly how I feel right now. I'm going to save the world, end the war on terror, give everyone health care and jobs. Ok, Ok... well maybe I'm getting just a little ahead of myself right now. But I feel like I was just sent one of those emails and it has inspired me to jump in feet first.

I went to see the most amazing photographer speak over at Michigan State University Club, which I have to add I have NEVER been there (I'm still new to Michigan, remember?). So anyways... I went to MSU to see Orange County native, Jasmine Star. For those of you who have never heard of her, she's amazing! She's fun and has a spunky personality, which makes her so lovable. She is a very talented photographer and such a great speaker. Not many people have gifts of all kinds, but she happens to have quite a few. I have been a huge follower since she won the photographer of the year a few years back. So needless to say, it was like being star struck when you see someone and feel like you know way too much about since you stalk their blog, but have never met them. After leaving her presentation, I felt so inspired like I COULD save the world, but I'll settle with one thing at a time... and right now that's to blog about saving the world and share my love with you all, along with my love for photography.

Thank you Jasmine for being who you are and give all of us hope that ANYTHING is possible! (Todd said we look like 'buddies'... I guess we are!)


Photobucket

No comments: