WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Romantic Moment

As the sun was starting to set over on the west side of the state, the sky was turning all sorts of colors: from orange to pink to yellow to blue to colors that are all so indescribable.

For our first weekend off in quite awhile, sort of, we had planned to go visit some friends over in St. Joseph, MI. I had a little work to do as I was meeting my old roommate from college over there to do a kid's shoot of her dear lil' love bug, which I'll share later. But other than that we just went to go hang out for a short weekend. Todd and I, along with a few other couples all met over there to reconnect and catch up with what was going on in our lives.

As we walked down to the beach, just THREE BLOCKS from their house... which I'm SOOO jealous about, the sky turned just o-so-beautiful on us. After a few minutes on the beach, walking in the sand, and letting their kids play on the swings, we decided to power walk back to the house and drive down to the lighthouse in to get a few shots, of course, and to have a unforgettable romantic moment watching the sun set behind the waves of Lake Michigan. The sky was so beautiful and it brought a huge smile to my heart as I realized that moments like these should be cherished forever. I know, especially lately, that I get caught up with so much going on that it's hard to make time to breathe let alone watch the sun set. I was so grateful to be able to watch and just breathe a few breaths in peace with the man I love and adore so very much right by my side.

Just a glimpse of the beauty...

Photobucket

2 comments:

JennWebber Photography has moved: JennAnibal.com said...

love it! :) so glad you had a great time this weekend! mwah!

Brett and Angela said...

Beautiful picture!! Is this the lighthouse in Grand Haven, MI?