WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cody & Taylor :: Wedding

It's been awhile since I've seen fog in the morning. I mean isn't that usually in the spring when it's so cold and rainy and the fog just rolls in? So was fog a sign of rain? Hmmm...

Well as we were driving one morning out to Addison Oaks in Leonard, MI, I was a just a tad-bit nervous seeing that fog. For one, it was hard to see the road and for two, we were on our way to shoot a "supposedly" beautiful sun filled, blue skied, outdoor wedding. Yikes! I mean who wants to walk through that cold, wet, muggy steam room-like air down the aisle. They would have had to wear flashlights so they could see ahead of themselves. But as the day went on, the sun decided to creep out of the clouds, clear the fog up, and bring that blue sky that we were all dreaming of.

Cody and Taylor have also been together for MANY years now, and when I say MANY... I mean since way back beginning in early high school. I think they are going on 8 years now. (Is that right guys?) Well... whatever the number is I know why they have been together that long... because they are so darn cute together and because they compliment each other just like PB & J! Cody being the peanut butter and Taylor being the fruit filled jelly, of course. I have to say that was one of the many reasons I was really excited to shoot their wedding, everyone has so many ancient stories to tell of them together. Ha! It was nice to hear them speak of them and what a great moment for the two of them. Everything was perfect! And I had probably the best salad ever... with Michigan dried cherries. Mmmm... talk about yummy!

Thanks guys for a WONDERFUL wedding and a HUGE thank you to mother nature for adding such a sparkle to their day!

Here are just a few of my favorites of them... plus their slideshow.

The morning light added so much to getting ready. There was light coming in all the windows... just breathtaking

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taylor was STUNNING!

Photobucket

The guys were awesome... and having just shot his best man, Jason's wedding two weeks before, I practically knew them all.

Photobucket

I love it when the guy gets so emotional the first time he sees his beautiful bride

Photobucket

A beautiful day, a beautiful couple... I love the recessional... always will because of this shot!

Photobucket

I love these two...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Such a sweet first dance

Photobucket

Hilarious...

Photobucket

Check out more in their slideshow.

No comments: