WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Joe & Niki :: Wedding

As we approach November and are in the midst of our busy wedding schedule right now, I am reminded so much of the day Todd and I got married. It seems as though it was just last Saturday, but in reality it's been almost three years. WOW... where does the time in between then and now go? There are some things that stick out more than others about that day, but one in particular is when I was getting ready to walk down the aisle.

The music of the beautiful piano music started, my girls all lined up, and my dad and I all the way in the back to follow shortly after. The song was beautiful, the girls were stunning, my soon-to-be-husband was down at the end handsome as ever, knowing there was 200+ people in the attendance to watch us was amazing, and what do you know the tears started to fill up my eyes. I was taken back by this because I already saw him earlier that day, but I knew that it was just pure and real emotion overtaking my body. As the doors opened for my dad and I to make the long haul, the music rose and everyone did as well. I took every stride slowly & gracefully knowing at the end of the 30 min or so ceremony, my life would no longer be the same. I tried to hold back the drops of salt water coming from my eyes. As I approached my soon-to-be-husband with a HUGE smile from ear to ear, I was comforted by his expression and I knew this was going to be the absolute BEST day of my life, and until kids come into the picture, it will still be just that. It will be so memorable I will think it just happened last Saturday!

Another memorable wedding for me by far happened just last Saturday (well two weeks ago) with Joe & Niki. Joe & Niki had their wedding and reception at the Dearborn Inn, and we couldn't ask for a better day. They were given such a beautiful day, even with rain the WHOLE entire week and clouds that looked as if it could go either way that day, it stayed clear. Joe & Niki had the most precious first look. It was probably the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed, and I'm sure anyone else there could attest to the same thing. It was as if his breathe was just taken away by her beauty, like the movies. (which I guess in a way they were in a movie with the lovely Two Penny Productions there filming. Ha!) But there were so many great things included in their day, that it was just memorable to me!

Thank you guys for making it special for us as well as you guys! Congratulations and I hope Hawaii is treating you both very nicely this week!!!


Here are just a few of my favorites of them... I had way too many to post so just watch the slideshow.


Niki was absolutely stunning...

Photobucket

And her girls... so beautiful!

Photobucket

And Joe wasn't so bad himself...

Photobucket

His guys were so fun... lots of laughs!

Photobucket

I LOVE how they interact... so sweet and so happy!

Photobucket

Gorgeous...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Never a dull moment with this couple... can't ask for more!

Photobucket

I always love getting their shoes... Todd would probably say because I have so many in my closet, but I like to think that with the long wedding dresses, no one ever gets to see them... so why not?

Photobucket

This was my favorite of the day... just a true picture of their love and emotions they feel for each other!

Photobucket

Their dance was awesome...

Photobucket

And even a suprise visit from Sparty!

Photobucket


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes we are blog stalking while lounging by the pool. The pics are AMAZING and truly capture the essence of the day. Thanks to you and Todd for making it so special!