WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bitter Sweet

Today is one of those days that you know will happen one day, but that day finally comes and you know the only thing best is to follow your heart and keep walking forward. It's bitter sweet!

So for those who don't know me too well, I have a HUGE love for health and fitness. I mean HUGE! I love reading health magazines, making healthy recipes (even though I'm not such a great cook), talking about health or fitness with people, I love it! I crave a good sweat and would so rather eat vegetables than greasy chips. Even when I was young, like younger than normal girls, we are talking like 5th grade young, I was working out on a regular basis. I had my 2, 3, & 5 lb dumbbells that I would lift with my Denise Austin VHS's. I had my pink and green step that I would do corny step choreography to, and also slide back and forth, with mesh booties on my shoes, on my ever so lovely glide slide (I loved that thing! Anyone else have one of those?). I also paid very close attention to what I was eating. I was not "dieting", but definitely watching closely at what went in my mouth, and still do to this day.

When looking into college, I either wanted to pursue something sports/nutrition related or interior designer/art related. Two very different extremes. I took a couple classes for the health and wellness program, but then dropped out of the program because my brain just does not do well when it comes to books AND of course, my new found love for photography grew to unbelief. Who knew that this love would become my career. Obviously now, I know I picked what I was designed for, but I have always had this crush on being a personal trainer, nutritionist, or something other in that field.

When I moved up to Michigan, I found a job working at a gym, while I got my feet planted and got the ball rolling with my photography. Fast forward four years to today. I've been teaching group fitness along with my photography a couple days a week. It has been enjoyable, dreadful, challenging, and extremely fun all in the same. But today was the day I taught my last group fitness class there. Although it's a bit sad, I am SO ready for this door to be closed and keep moving forward with my camera in hand!

Happy Wednesday... I hope your day is more sweet than the bitter part!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle said...

God has great things in store for you! Love to you.

Deb-Close to my Heart Consultant said...

thats sad... what happened?