WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tunnel Vision

Today was going to be a good day...

A day that I was going to do good for the world. I like to think I do just a little every day that makes a difference, but today especially... I was going to save lives today. Yes, LIVES! I would for ONE day be a firefighter, or a soldier at war, or a even a surgeon, but little did I know that even though I would do good, there would be consequences.

When they announced at our church that they were doing a blood drive, I decided that I would try again what I've tried before, and that was to give blood. Todd makes me jealous by being able to give almost every couple months. He does this so relaxed and is so easy for him. I've tried before but always have low iron, and that's just not saving anything except a hole in your arm. I was ready to get my sticker of proof, and not one that says, "I tried!"

Everything was going great! I actually had high enough levels of iron, so I was golden. I did fine through the whole finger pricking, computer test, iodine rubbing, more needle pricking, rolling the ball while blood rushes out of my veins, and then walking over to get juice and cookies... from there it was such a blur. I had one sip of orange juice and then I started to get what felt like "tunnel vision". I put my hand on my head and then all of a sudden there were three nurses over by me, one pulling my chair out, one putting my head in between my legs, and another one putting cold cloths on my neck and head. One of the nurses went over and got a wheel chair, they put me in it, rolled me to the cot, and laid me down. The next thing I know I was blowing in & out of a paper bag on a cot at a blood drive... all I wanted was that stupid sticker. I couldn't believe I reacted like that... how embarrassing! I'm so lucky I was one of the first ones there and there wasn't a room full of people to see me react the way that I did. I think I got myself all worked up with never being able to give blood, my mental state was set on not being able to. I never prepared myself for IF I could give.

All I know is that those lives I saved today was NOT easy... but I did get a sticker! Woo hooo... the little things in life. I should frame that thing. If one of the pups didn't think it was a treat and try eating it, I might have done it. Ha! Oh, I love those little girls...

Doesn't she look like Maddox? Ha... but she sports my sticker really well!

Photobucket

No comments: