WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ben & Courtney :: Wedding

Never trust spam (gross!) or better yet, never trust a scam...

I was contacted by a couple a few weeks before their wedding, they were in somewhat of a panic, being as their wedding was just in TWO short weeks. I felt terrible for them being as they were probably the sweet couple I have ever met, I know I say that often, but I truly mean it. They were both so loving, gentle, sweet, genuine, and definitely, not deserving of what happened to them whatsoever. Turns out their Wedding Photographer and DJ, which were booked together within the same company, were just fakers... they took their money and ran. I couldn't believe it when I heard it! What a load of Oscar Meyer BOLOGNA! I was a bit in shock that someone would even think about doing that... what has our world come to? I guess in a way I'm glad it happened... OK that sounds REALLY bad, but I'm so glad that their experience gave me the chance to meet them, fall in love with them, and obviously, help them out as much as I could!

Ben and Courtney were married on a beautiful fall day! They were in great spirits, full of love, full of laughter, and they even brought their dog to share in the fun moments with them. Who doesn't love a couple with a beautiful dog that they love so much they want to include them in their special day? When they mentioned that to me, I almost jumped out of my chair in excitement! I even think Maddox was jealous when we got home as I had a scent of Spaniel on my clothes... Sorry Buddy! Ha! But despite their first experience with a wedding photographer and DJ, I think their second one was much better! We had fun and laughed a lot, even though we were not there that long, but we used the time we had perfectly!

Congratutlations you guys... we LOVE you both and are so happy for you guys!

Check out a few of our favorites and a slideshow with a few more from their day...

Dress: Demetrios
Church: St. Hugo of the Hills
Reception Venue: La Sala
Flowers: Something Spectacular Custom Floral & Event Design
DJ: Matthew Ruffi

Courtney looked INCREDIBLE...

Photobucket

Such beautiful girls she had to support her...

Photobucket

Ben is such a stud with such a great spirit...

Photobucket

Plus his guys were so fun...

Photobucket

Adorable...

Photobucket

Look at that Pooch!!! So cute!!!

Photobucket

Love these two...

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorites from the day... LOVE IT!

Photobucket

Here is a slideshow from the short time we were there...

No comments: