WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Haiti Update along with Brad & Sarah :: Engagements

What is going on with the Haiti trip?

I haven't spoken much about it because there have been a few slight changes...

Here is the update:
We WERE suppose to leave in just a week and a 1/2 (January 16). Well turns out, that has been postponed. If your not sure what the current situation is there, which I was not until Todd informed me, I'm not much of a "news watcher", but Haiti is actually under going a Presidential election that is schedule for January 16th, which is the day we were suppose to be flying in. Hmm... interesting! Here's the dilemma... one, it is actually illegal to transport by plane, car, etc... on a day of an election in Haiti and two, it is not safe for us to be there during this time due to recent riots, including setting fire to the the headquarters of the current election party. So unfortunately, we will not be going in January, but I'm sure this the best thing for our safety. The good news, we are planning on going on the "rescheduled" trip the beginning of April. Yay! This is something we both have been wanting and planning to do for quite sometime and although it's been postponed, we are excited to be able to help out in any way we can. We will keep you postponed closer to then as well.

But on to the beautiful couple...

A few months back, I met up with one of the most laid back, loving couples I've ever worked with. Brad and Sarah are two of the sweetest, funnest couples around. I loved that they got up early just to meet me before a wedding we had that day. I loved that both of them were such naturals in front of the camera and had such fun spirits. I really think that you can have beautiful people, but with personality, love, and the ability to ignore the fact that you have a camera stuck in your face, you can capture some of the sweetest, most genuine, and real moments. It was so stinkin' cute! I cannot wait for their wedding in May, especially since I had so much fun getting to know them better.

Check out a few of my favorites... it was so hard to choose though, they were all so beautiful...

LOVE THIS COUPLE...

Photobucket

These moments are my favorites...

Photobucket

He LOVES her...

Photobucket

Adorable...

Photobucket

Agghh... I LOVE THIS and all those colors!!!!

Photobucket

She LOVES him...

Photobucket

Believe it or not, this was one of my favorites... I think this is so cute!

Photobucket

No comments: