WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Friday, January 28, 2011

Tony & Sandy :: Wedding

I really think that Detroit has quite a few bad reps. I agree with some of them, but some I think are just plain silly.

I have to say that I absolutely LOVE Detroit churches. They are some of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, and some are simply "one-of-a-kind" and a bit like "hidden gems", which is something us photographers die for.

I always get excited when it comes to have weddings Downtown Detroit because there are always tons of places to take photos at and since I'm an Indiana girl and I'm not super familiar with everything there is downtown, it usually is an experience for me as well. WIN-WIN!

One of those couples that decided to have their wedding downtown this past October was Tony & Sandy. Tony and Sandy were married at Old St. Mary's Church, which I have to say was the most beautiful church I have ever been to. It looked as though this place could be in the movies... seriously, just stunning!!! I was so excited to shoot their wedding, not only because it was downtown, but because both Tony and Sandy are super, super sweet people.

After their ceremony, we were able to travel around a bit on their trolley, yes a trolly, which was so cute! But we made our way from Tiger Stadium, over to Belle Isle, and then onto their reception site, Grosse Point War Memorial, which is so beautiful! I loved all the locations we stopped at, the weather was perfect, couple was perfect, bridal party was perfect... it was awesome! Sandy mentioned to me that the theme of her wedding was a Harvest Moon, and there was suppose to be a full moon out that night, but the clouds were also out and did not want to show us the moon. Boo! But everything else was great!

Todd and I had so much fun and the whole day was so great!

Congrads you guys... we wish you nothing but the best and we hope Chicago isn't too cold this time of year, but I'm sure that's not likely! ;)

Check out some of my favorites and a slideshow with more from their day...


Dress: Wedding Belles (Barrington, IL)
Flowers: Sarah Reaume (email me for contact details)
Cake: Josef's European Pastry Shop
DJ: Chester D. Brown (email for contact details)
Trolly: Trolley Limo Services
Video: Ikonic Images (HIGHLY recommend!)
Photo Booth: Freeze Frame Foto Booth

Oh wow... Sandy was breathtaking...

Photobucket

Her girls were so sweet and fun...

Photobucket

Tony was so handsome... and so calm!

Photobucket

Guys were awesome...

Photobucket

Umm... INCREDIBLE!

Photobucket

And of course, the recessional...

Photobucket

LOVE the jumping for joy...

Photobucket

The view was so sweet...

Photobucket

This is why people get married in October... the colors everywhere are so gorgeous!

Photobucket

Rarrr...

Photobucket

One of my absolute favorites from the day...

Photobucket


Check out their slideshow with many more of their day...

No comments: