WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Saturday, April 26, 2008

An Innocent Trip Gone Wrong

I used to get so excited for Friday's because I knew after I got off of work I wouldn't have to go back in to the ol' job for at least two days and I could either 1. take photos, which I love, or 2. relax with Todd. Well Friday's are a little different now, now that I work from home. I still love them, but I usually spend it by getting up early and going in to do my strength training before I have to teach my Aqua class, then doing some errands, and then making it back home by noon so I can at least work a 1/2 day here. Well... this past Friday was nothing what I imagined it would be like.

Let me paint a picture for you...

Last year, when we bought our house we did some renovation to our front room. It had this rod iron staircase, and I hated it. So we tore it out and built a 1/2 wall, and plan on putting in a wood staircase in the future. The thing is, is the rod iron that we tore out has been sitting in the garage ever since we tore it out, and since it was so nice out I thought that I would take it to a scrap metal place and get some money for it. Every bit helps right now, especially since Todd's birthday is Wednesday. Ha!

Well as I made my way over to the place, I noticed that the radio lights went out, nothing too huge. Todd had mentioned a couple days before that the battery light came on, but I didn't think anything of it because he had driven it earlier in the day. He needed the Jeep to go to Chrysler later on, so we switch vehicles at lunch. It was running fine, just no radio lights. As I pull in to what was suppose to be the scrap metal place, I noticed that no one was there. Hmm... I find someone that was two doors down from the supposed metal company and a man told me that they moved around the block, so back to the car it was. As I put the keys in and turned the ignition, it just made a clicking noise. I was thinking "OH NO!" My innocent trip to do a good deed was just about to get interesting. I tried and tried and tried to start it some more... NOTHING! So I called Todd. He was at work and was getting ready to step into a meeting... so I wasn't exactly sure what to do as he was unable to help me. I went back to the man that I talked to earlier to see if he could give me a jump. Easy enough, just get a jump and get back home. So I thought!

The guy was so nice and did the whole jump for me, and my car started. I was about 5 miles away from home. As I drove just 2 miles away from the metal place, all of a sudden the car started running extremely funny. It was jumpy and I could only go about 20-25 mph. I didn't know what to do... I would press the gas but it wouldn't go, I would let off the gas and it would go and then jerk back and forth. On a road full of traffic, people are getting so mad at me, oppss... I finally get past the stoplight, LUCKILY and pulled into an oil change place. I told them the situation and again asked if they could jump me. They did, and I was back in action... so I thought AGAIN. I still had 3 miles to go, and as I pulled out I thought everything would be fine. The whole 45 minute trip home (Yes, it took me 45 minutes to get 5 miles) was about 15-20 mph and complete motion sickness I was from all the jerking. I would like to add that it was almost 80 degrees yesterday, and alI the windows wouldn't roll down AND there was no air. Let's just say that I was a bit shiny (that might be an understatement) once I got out of the car.

I finally made it home for what I thought was just an innocent and thoughtful trip. It definitely was a major stress, and Todd and his dad have spent a full day out in the garage working on it and have another full day tomorrow. I guess it was more than just a bad battery. I am known for breaking things... but this one tops it all.

Happy Saturday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Deb-Close to my Heart Consultant said...

that sucks... at least you got home ok. hope it gets better soon. love and kisses