WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm a Murderer and I'm Not Ashamed!

"Bzzzzzz...."

What is that noise?

"Bzzzz...."

Is that what I think it is?

"Bzzz...."

Oh goodness, it sounds so close... Aggghhhh...


I couldn't believe it! A yellow and black, little no good critter was in my kitchen this morning trying to eat some of my oatmeal. Err... How in the world did he get in? I don't want to know, but I have to say that I didn't think twice about killing him. I am a Bee Murderer and I didn't feel guilty or remorseful about it. I remember back in the day when I had been stung numerous times, from stepping on them (yes I would do that huh?!) to being chased and caught (yes, that too has happened), I have never liked bee's. They grouse me out and the thought of them being in our house makes me want to throw out all my yellow and black clothes out in the trash! Thank goodness for Bounty and their extra strength paper towels!

No, I did not take a photo of him to blog about! Ha! But I was asked by my lovely and wonderful husband to post about our garden we have out back. He's so proud of them even if he doesn't eat much of what we are growing. We have been growing our own vegetables since we moved in this house two years ago, but this year we have expanded into what we can call "Veldman Farms". Ha! I have to say that I love him so much for catering to what I like and enjoy eating because it has been so nice to see him get excited about vegetables. At least he can be excited about veggies in some way! I just can't wait for all those tomatoes to get ripe... I'll probably have so many I won't be able to keep up... so if you are a tomato fan, let me know!

This was so yummy... romaine lettuce is my favorite!

Photobucket

All of our gardens... it's going to be a great summer!

Photobucket

Enjoy the weekend and hope those bee's don't clobber you too! Err....

1 comment:

Deb-Close to my Heart Consultant said...

abby, abby, abby.... all those bees do is pollunate those wonderful veggies you like so much and make the wonder honey you use to sweeten your life up. do you not realize that there is a bee shortage and all the baby bees lave just lost a daddy.