WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Down to the Wire...

Who would have thought that preparing for a baby would be a job in itself?

I feel like each day that passes is one day closer to meeting him, and after today's doctors appointment, Todd and I are both extremely excited for that day to be here. We are down to a week and a half until our actual due date, so he could come any time now. But today was special because we got to see a brief glimpse of him on the ultrasound machine as our midwife was confirming his position, since last week he was still "sunny side up". Good thing he's not now and all those hands & knees work along with the good ol' chiropractor I've been seeing has been paying off.

But as the time rolls towards meeting this boy, I've been trying to catch up on finishing his nursery, which I will be posting photos this week since I'm for the MOST part finished... what a time consuming project that was, plus trying to catch up on that thing most people call sleep, which is pretty much non-existent and a rare thing I've been experiencing lately. But I hear that's normal and probably a good thing since there will be lots of sleepless nights ahead. But I'm also trying to visualize how our buddy Maddox is going to do and adjust to life with a baby. I think he's going to do awesome because what lab doesn't do awesome with babies, but friends of ours recently got a cute, little, tiny puppy that is probably WAY smaller than the size of our little guy right now (Ha!) and I'm realizing that he is going to be such an awesome big brother!

He's got the instincts of a protector... and I'm so excited for not only our little guy to arrive, but to introduce the two of them! What a sweet moment that will be!

Photobucket

Ummm... can we say ADORABLE!!!

Photobucket

No comments: