WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Fell in the Desperation Hole...

I feel like I'm in a haunted house right now...

I remember when I was young and my dad took my sister and I into this HUGE haunted house down in Tennessee. My sister and I were so confident that we could make it through this two story building, we thought that there is no way this place could be THAT bad. We paid a pretty penny to enter, made it through the first room and sure enough, here is my dad trying to find us an emergency exit in the second room we entered because we were so freaked out, there was NO WAY we were going to make it up through all those rooms.

But this haunted house is much MORE scarier than the one down in Tennessee... it's the unknown of "when" this baby is going to be ready to be born. Yes, to me that is scary! With our due date approaching TOMORROW, I feel like I'm in that haunted house, just waiting for someone to jump out from behind a wall and scare the daylights out of me. Don't get me wrong, I want to be scared, it is a haunted house, right? But I also want to know what wall they are hiding behind, ask them to count to three, so I can brace myself and not be so caught off guard. I want to know when indeed my water will break, or when the intense contractions will begin, or however it will need to happen... I want to know in advance... this anticipation of the unknown just might kill me in the process.

I know that I have heard every Old Wives Tale under the sun on EXACTLY what to do to induce labor, and I have learned early on to just take it with the grain of salt because if he's not ready, I cannot drink enough Castor Oil in the world that will get him to come... and NO, I will not be doing that... GROSS! But I can totally see how people get desperate and will try just about anything, which I am totally guilty of and brings me to today when I fell into a HUGE desperation hole.

As I was talking to my sister, and she was goo'ing and gaa'ing at her newly born bundle of joy, I fell into the desperation pit because we are SOOO ready to meet our boy! I'm talking over the moon excited and the comfort level of all this extra weight can be pretty taxing on the body. I just want to be goo'ing and gaa'ing as well. We have been walking so much my legs are on FIRE, and I do quite a bit of walking as it is, so more added to the mix is making me forest fire. (Like that one huh?! Ha!) I know walking can only do so much, but I want to be ready when that time comes. Well as my sister was goo'ing and gaa'ing, she mentioned how my mom was talking about cookies to jump start your labor. I thought to myself... whatever, those would never work. But sure enough, there I was googling them, and as I got off the phone with her five minutes later, all the ingredients were on the counter, oven was preheated, and the measuring cups were out ready to master this recipe. I fell into the desperation hole so far, I now have three dozen 'Jump Start Your Labor Cookies' to eat and if they don't work, I will probably have lost all taste buds and won't be able to goo or gaa because my tongue will be so numb I won't be able to use it. Haha!

Photobucket

Happy Thursday... Let's hope tomorrow we will have some Fun (Baby) Times to share!

2 comments:

Deb-Close to my Heart Consultant said...

ooops did i forget to mention they had pepper in them...

Tami said...

Cute story. You will be loving on that baby boy before you know it! Love & hugs to you till then:-)