WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And now there are TWO...

For most people, Monday's can be pretty blah, right?

Well I have never been one of 'those' people who think that. I love every day and I love Monday's even more because yesterday was a BIG, BIG day in our family.

Most of you all know that I have one and only one sister. She's 18 months older than I am and we are EXTREMELY close... well not distance close, since she's in Indiana and I'm in Michigan, but relationshiply (Yes, a new word for your vocabulary?!) close. We talk all the time and it's actually pretty funny at the random stuff we call each other for or about... I'll spare you the details because some are too weird! Ha!

A few years back, she was blessed with her first baby, my first and only niece, Isabella Sophia. What a miracle she was, and such a sweet and spunky little girl she has become. LOVE HER so much!!!! I was so excited to be able to have a few weeks to spend with them all after she arrived, as my schedule allowed me to stay and help out with everything and anything needed down there then. It allowed me to share this special time with them, but to be able to bond with this baby girl who would be in our lives forever.

Well fast forward three years... somewhere around the first of the year.

My sister had found out a few weeks before New Year's that they were expecting another baby, which we were extremely excited for! Soon after they found out they were expecting, Todd and I found out we were also expecting. Wow! What are the odds?! I always told her that it would be so fun to be pregnant together at the same time, little did we know that our due dates would be TWO days apart from each other, which at the time was pretty cool! We were thrilled... SOOO SOOOO excited (after the initial shock of being pregnant wore off! Ha!)!

But as time went on, we realized that what an unfortunate thing to be experiencing together. Don't get me wrong... it has been so fun to experience this journey together, especially the last couple weeks here calling to chat daily to share what new fun things have arose. But now as the journey comes to an end for us both, we now have to miss out on the FUN part... the BABY BEING BORN! Not something we wanted to miss out on for each other... not at all!!!! What a bummer of a time to miss out on.

But I am thankful for technology today and with the recent heat killing my phone, causing me to get an iPhone, I have to thank facetime, skype, camera phones, and texting for allowing me to meet the newest member of our family even if it is through all the newest technology...

MISS EMELIA SHAY

Born on Monday August 15, 2011 at 12:20PM
Weighing in at 6lbs. 9oz 19inches long

Isn't she a beauty?

Photobucket

And is this not the most precious photo ever?! I LOVE it!!! (I'm so bummed I'm missed this moment!)

Photobucket

I can't wait to get her in front of my camera for some photo action and I cannot wait for Jackson to get here so we can plan our first trip to Indiana for the cousins to meet!


No comments: