WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life Will NEVER Be the Same...

When life gives you lemons, the best thing to do is make lemonade, right?

Well that is exactly what happened a few weeks back.

So here's the story:

A few weeks back, Todd and I celebrated Christmas with our families. We had some great times and enjoyed the time we had with both so much, the only negative thing was that we also got a visitor from the flu bug, which was not so great! Actually, I think it was probably the worst thing that has happened in a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY long time! I'm not sure I had ever been so sick in my life, other than back in high school when I had food poison which lasted a good 3 days. That could be a tie for worst EVER!

So we can fast forward through the nightmarish stories, which has since scarred some of my favorite foods that I "used" to love, including vegetable omelets... I miss you my friend! But cannot bare to think about without my stomach churning... blugghhh!!! Well after a few days, Todd started to feel better. We thought it was because he had a better immune system, and since he's around more people than I am on a regular basis, I agreed, even though I rarely get sick and take lots of vitamins and eat super healthy. Whatever! Haha!

A week had went by and I'm still pretty sick, not throwing up (Thank Goodness!), but the whole fatigue, weakness, nauseation, etc... was still there. At this point, it was also brought to my attention that there was another problem that quite honestly never dawned on me, due to some health and irregularity issues I was dealing with, that would made me think nothing could have been wrong other than Todd's advantage with working around people that get sick more often. With some convincing, Todd went and bought the THING that could determine what quite possibly would change our lives forever!

Without drawing this story out too long and getting into details that might steer people away from ever reading again... let's just say that:

Our Lives are Going to be Changing Forever!

It was a huge shock and one that has taken me a good few weeks to process, but now that we are in the "safe" zone and it is now become PUBLIC news, it's safe to let everyone know that Todd and I are going to be having a BABY! Yes, a baby... I have to keep telling myself that because it does not seem real yet other than the fact that I've been gaining some weight, stupid scale... I think it's broken, and the fact that some of my jeans are becoming quite snug around the waist, stupid dryer... I had to have shrunk them, right?!

Despite the initial shock, we are both really excited and plan to cherish the next months together, for the life we once knew will never be the same...

Happy Wednesday! Hope we didn't shock you too much... haha!


And of course, we will always love our first born. I'm not sure he understands what's going on yet, but he will... haha!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Ruffi said...

To say congrats is not even close to enough - you, Todd and your 'first born' Maddox are amazing and I am so very happy for you!!! I'd be hard pressed to think of any better people...better PARENTS (to be)...than you two and just can't stop thinking about what a lucky kid this is going to be!! I am so happy for you - CONGRATS!!

jenn said...

this is my favorite blog post, so far ;)

LOVE YOUUUUUU!

SarahMeg said...

CONGRATULATIONS ABBY AND TODD!!!! sooo happy for you guys! hopefully we get to meet this spring before the baby is born! when are you due?

Rachel Costello said...

wow this is awesome! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the little Veldman baby. Congrats!

steph bratcher said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see Baby Veldman!! ...love you Chachi!!

steph bratcher said...

i'm so excited for you guys!! I can't WAIT to meet Baby Veldman - you will be incredible parents! love you Chachi!!