WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Friday, February 4, 2011

Adam & Melissa :: Engagements

Who doesn't love a good ice cream cone or "fake" ice cream cone for us who can't do much dairy... my belly just cannot handle the read deal very well so it's usually coconut ice cream for me...

But don't you LOVE it when you have the option to get the swirl version? Both chocolate and vanilla... or raspberry and vanilla... or some other flavor and some other flavor??? It's awesome... and when you taste your first taste, all the flavors combine into a taste-bud-palooza... Mmmm... I kind of wish I had some in front of me right now.

I sometimes feel like people can be the same way. You meet someone, they are extremely nice and fun, but then you meet another part of them, and in this case a fiance, and both of them together are 10x as nice and 10x as fun!

That is exactly what happened when I met up with Adam & Melissa....

You see, Adam was actually a groomsman in one of my favorite weddings in 2009. He remembered us from that wedding and mentioned to me that he enjoyed our work, ALONG with how much fun he had playing on this playground equipment for photos. I started laughing because what a moment to remember. I'm laughing as I write this because I remember that exact "pose", it was totally spontaneous and a bit hilarious! All the guys in this wedding were such characters and I loved every one of them. I was glad he remembered and it reminded me how fun that wedding was, PLUS he mentioned that for him and Melissa's wedding there would be a lot of familiar faces, so that is a big bonus!

But I had the chance to meet Melissa, and I feel in love with her... she's so sweet and fun and both together compliment each other so well. It's total chocolate and vanilla. They have such great hearts, and just by watching them for a few moments, you can tell how much they care and love each other! It's so adorable!!!!

I can't wait to be a part of another awesome couple's day! What a reminder of how fortunate I am to be able to do what I love as well as meeting some pretty amazing people along the way!

Thanks Adam and Melissa for stinking out the extreme COLD weather for some beautiful photos in the end!

Check out a few of my favorites from our session...

Such an ADORABLE couple!!!!

Photobucket

I love this...

Photobucket

Can you tell it was freezing, windy, and that Melissa had lost feeling in her face??? They still are so stinkin' cute and I love the way Adam looks at her... like she is the most beautiful girl in the world...

Photobucket

Which she is absolutely gorgeous...

Photobucket

They love having fun together...

Photobucket

And love to make each other laugh SOOO much!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Such a cool "hidden gem" spot... LOVE IT!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

steph bratcher said...

these are GREAT, Chach!! :) miss you...