WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fun Times (Late) Friday!!!

I realize yesterday was Friday, but due to the party foul on DTE's part, FUN TIMES were not lived until later in the day.

Yeah you guessed it, we had NO power! Talk about a lack of fun considering how HOT it was... I didn't want to open the doors and windows and make it even warmer inside, along with not wanting to open the refrigerator or freezer... so needless to say I snacked on granola bars and crackers all day for fuel. Ha!

So instead of sitting inside all day, I decided it was a good day to weed the front walkway. Well I'm not so sure that was a good idea because as I was weeding, minding my own business, our neighbor decided to come over to make some small talk. I love our neighbors and usually have NO problem with them whatsoever, but let me just give you a visual. Our walkway consists of a number of small tiny bricks to form a really nice pathway up to our door. I was working extremely hard on my hands and knees, big belly and all, sweating profusely, developing those lovely weeding blisters from trying to get my fingers in the small cracks where the weeds love to live, while holes developed in the tips of my gloves getting dirt under my nails, along with my hands cramping every few minutes... did I mention how warm it was and I was SWEATING PROFUSELY? That was probably not the best time to come over to give me a Weeding 101 class.

Yes, you read that right... I was given lessons on weeding, including showing me what a bottle of weed killer looks like, the name of a seed to spread to kill the weeds in the yard, along with how to use a spreader, oh and a bonus offer of using his spreader while I walk the dog back and forth our yard. I'm not quite sure what he was talking about, but all I know is that if I knew I was going to get a class on weeds, I would have brought my pen and pencil. Haha! Needless to say, yesterday was not my friend, nor was he at that moment. I'm thinking he could have picked a different time if he really wanted to show me the ropes.

I don't think our yard looks that bad, and if anything the weather is partially to blame since it has been so hot, most of the yard is hard to keep alive even after watering almost every morning. It does not look that bad... it's nicely mowed and well maintained, and I was weeding in the process of getting rid of all of those nasty burgers that was creeping out of those small bricks.

He was lucky I was too tired and had no extra energy to put into telling him what I thought about his teaching skills. He would have failed in my book. Good thing I had my phone with me and accepted a phone call to close off that conversation with him... and an even better thing... the power came back on later in the evening for Todd and I to be able to share one of the last Friday's together just the two of us watching a movie! He makes all Friday's FUN TIMES!!!

And because posts are so much better with something photo related... I got this video from a friend and thought how creative and so incredible to watch... Check it out!!!



Happy (Late) Friday!

No comments: