WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fun Times Friday :: Nursery

It's FRIDAY!!!

Wooo... I'm so excited!

I look forward to Friday's so much now, not that I didn't before because Friday's are always nice, and Saturday's are awesome because we usually have weddings, but NEXT Friday is our due date, so we are ready whenever he is.

I know that I am about to birth a watermelon, but some people do not know how to respond to the big belly that I'm wearing right now. I have noticed that the bigger I get, the less people ask when I'm due because they must know I'm due any day. The questions of 'when' I'm due have turned into obvious stares at my belly and not-so-nice comments on how big I am... talk about feeling like a freak show. Today was pretty bad... I decided to go to Home Depot looking for something and of course I couldn't find it, so I had to ask a worker. She didn't know where to find it so she called another worker and they told her to tell me to meet me in aisle 10, she then went ahead to describe me as, "The REALLY Pregnant Girl that is about to Pop!" I could not believe her... she should be ashamed, even if it is true! Keep those comments to yourself... especially, to someone who not only looks huge, feels huge, and is pumped full of hormones that are not fun right now. Ha!

But on a good note...

I'm happy to say that our nursery if FINALLY complete! Sooooo fun... we put a lot of hard work into making it special for him and even though he won't be able to appreciate it or even enjoy it for awhile, I'm at peace knowing it's done and I don't have anything left to do, well besides the obvious... get him out! Ha!!!

We started off not really wanting a "theme", but that quickly changed when we both realized that we love animals and the bedding we picked out happened to have animals on it. Ha!

Walking into his room, you would see this...

Photobucket

Who wouldn't love changing him on a dresser like this?

Photobucket

I got a few prints on etsy that I fell in love with... ADORABLE!

Photobucket

And rocking him in a nice comfy chair will be so fun... let's hope he doesn't cry too much...

Photobucket

I got a little carried away on the amount of felt animals I did... Yes, I hand stitched them all... carpal tunnel and all. But one more turned into lots more and all the frames were fun to paint in all different colors. I think he'll like them when he's older and can name them... or it will be fun to teach him all the names at least!

Photobucket

He'll be sleeping there in the near future... Yay!

Photobucket

His name is no surprise with us... Jackson Milo... Jackson is actually Todd's grandparents last name and since there is only one "Jackson" left, we will carry on the name... Plus it's a cute name! Milo after... well there's no significance, we just really liked it...

Photobucket

And more animals to look at... I actually saw this on etsy and thought I could make it instead... next time I will just buy it as it took forever to make, along with everything else in his room. Haha!

Photobucket

Enjoy and Happy Friday! Cross your fingers that he's here before next Friday...





No comments: