WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thank you, Heat Wave 2011!

HEAT WAVE 2011!!!

That is exactly what I am calling this week...

As much as it stinks to be outside, unless you are sitting "in" a pool, which we don't have... well we have a kiddie pool for Maddox, but for one, he's scared of it so we don't have it set up and two, I'm not sure I would fit right now... haha!

But I have been taking advantage of this heat in some REALLY nice ways and I want to thank this wave of heat for what it is allowing me to do...

First off, I took Maddox for a nice long walk earlier this week and it turns out that the heat killed my phone. Seriously! It was so hot out, that my cell phone stopped working. I know that sounds like a REALLY bad thing, which at the time, it was and I was a little panicked for a few hours because I realized I would not be able to get ahold of anyone if I really needed to get ahold of anyone, but it ended up being a REALLY, REALLY good thing because my sweet & awesome husband bought me an iPhone! Yeah, I scored big time on that mishap! Thank you Heat Wave 2011!

Secondly, it has been SO hot outside that it is forcing myself to relax, which is REALLY hard for me to do, and I would say I'm not being very successful on the "relaxing part" because I told myself that I was going to chill out today, and I decided that since it was so hot out that my clothes could dry super fast if I washed them and dried them outside. It was a great idea... a superb idea... one that has allowed me to wash and dry almost all the stuff I have been meaning to wash for our little guy and his room, which Todd mentioned this week that if I were to have our baby soon, nothing would be ready. I think I just proved him wrong... Thank you Heat Wave 2011!

Last and not least, this heat is just a GREAT reminder that it's SUMMER and who doesn't love SUMMER? It's not cold, snowy, or nasty outside... I LOVE IT!!!

I hope you are enjoying this heat in whatever way you can...

(This is taken by new iPhone... HOLLER!!! )

Photobucket

Happy SUMMER!!!!

No comments: