WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Brad & Ashley :: Wedding

Babymoon?

Someone recently asked Todd and I if we were going to be taking a "Babymoon". I laughed because it sounded so funny, but then my laugh probably turned awkward because I was thinking, "I honestly don't know what they are talking about. Is this a class I should be taking in order to prepare for a baby? Should I have enrolled in this class? Will they let me take my baby home if I have not taking it?"

I started to panic a little and then asked what exactly they meant. They explained how it was a trip before the baby came and I took a breath of relief because I had never heard of "babymoon" before and I was so clueless on those "baby" terms. I guess I didn't read that far in that "What to Expect" book we purchased when we first found out we were pregnant. Ha!

At the time, we did not have any trips planned, but we did have a few weddings that were out of town. Did that count? I mean I love my husband more than anything in this world, but I also love weddings, and why not combine the two to make this pregnant girl happy, right? I would think that would be a "Yes DEFINITELY, whatever she wants!" Haha!

As we just ended our 'mid-summer, before the baby comes, wedding season', we could not have ended it on a better couple.

Brad & Ashley are two of the most heart felt people with so much love for each other. They not only love each other SO much, but they love everyone around them and they let them know it too. They are so genuine and thoughtful that just being in their presence for a few moments, you feel so warm and loved... I LOVE that! They are absolutely beautiful and so beautiful together! I think that is why I took so many photos during their day... plus the fact that it was up in Petoskey, MI, which if you have ever been there, you know exactly how beautiful it is, and if you have not ever been there, you really need to book a trip there... it's GORGEOUS! Believe it or not, it was rainy a few days before all the way up until their wedding day and Saturday we woke up with blue skies and sunny! I'm thinking that was a sure sign this couple should be together!

Todd and I had SO MUCH FUN!!! We wish you guys NOTHING but the BEST!!! XOXO!

Check out some of our MANY favorites, but you definitely need to watch the slideshow with many more of their beautiful day...

Dress: Bridal Couture of Birmingham
Flowers: Magnolia's Fresh Flowers
Church: Parr Memorial Baptist Church
Reception Venue: Stafford's Perry Hotel
DJ: Sound Productions
Cake: Sweet Maria's
Trolley: Mackinac Old Time Trolley

Ashley was amazingly stunning... No wonder Brad had tears in his eyes when he saw her for the first time...

Photobucket

Photobucket

LOVED her girls... so fun and so beautiful... (P.S. Do you recognize one of those bridesmaids???)

Photobucket

Brad was also very handsome and in such great spirits for this big day...

Photobucket

Photobucket

His guys were so fun and creative...

Photobucket

They even were coming up with poses to do... SO FUN!

Photobucket

Love both of their reactions when first seeing one another... melts my heart!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The church they were married at was beautiful...

Photobucket

Adorable...

Photobucket

Instead of a unity candle, they braided a rope combining not only themselves together, but along with God in the center...

Photobucket

Can't help but love a first kiss...

Photobucket

Along with my favorites... the RECESSIONAL!!!

Photobucket

Together they are perfect!

Photobucket

So sweet...

Photobucket

One of my many favorites from their day...

Photobucket

Check out WAY more from their beautiful day...

2 comments:

Jennie Wiegand said...

Amazing job as always Abby, and they are an awesome couple, aren't they?! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful memories captured in some beautiful shots.