WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Aubrey's Wedding/Lighthouse Mini-Tour

This past weekend we made our way up to Charlevoix, MI for a "Destination" Wedding of one of my good friends from college Aubrey Pepper. It was one of the most beautiful and intimate weddings we've ever been to. They originally wanted to have their wedding in Ireland, which if you've ever been to Ireland is absolutely beautiful. It's funny because both Aubrey and I went to Ireland in college on a photo trip, and it's filled with stone buildings, green everywhere, country, and just breathtaking scenery. But instead of traveling overseas they found this place up north called Castle Farms, which is an old castle that the owners restored and is used for numerous things, and has such a Irish feel to it. It was so good to see her, and a couple other friends from school. I even got to see and hang out with my good friend Bratch and her boyfriend Frank (my photo didn't turn out of us all so I have none to post, but it was great to see them all) Both Todd and I had such a great time! Congratulations Aubrey and Ryan... we are so happy for you guys!!!!

Photobucket
(The photo was taken by our point and shoot camera, and it was not being very cooperative, half of the photos I took did not turn out, but usually if we are not shooting the wedding we do not bring our "other" camera)

Since we were going up North and the wedding was on a Friday, we decided to make a weekend out of it. Last summer when we went to North Carolina, I saw my first lighthouse EVER, in person that is. I never really thought too much about them until I stood right in front of one and was amazed by its beauty. I fell in love with them and have wanted to see more since then! So we decided to drive down the west side of Michigan and visit just a couple of the many lighthouses in our state. I never knew there were so many. I found out that there are at least 100 different ones. I couldn't believe it! We picked a couple of the cool ones, and I will be posting each day a different lighthouse, so come back often this week and see where we went and what we saw. I wanted to visit more, but there's only so many you can visit in one day. I'm sure there will be more trips to see them and more photos to show of them.

Here is a map of our trip.... the blue is our trip on Friday and the pink is our trip Saturday



...and a preview of the first lighthouse we saw which was in Charlevoix, right by our hotel that we stayed at. Gotta love the wind blown hair and sun blaring in our faces huh?! That's what you have to do to get the photo you want right? haha!

Photobucket

No comments: