WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Mother-to-Be

What an incredible time of their lives!

The past couple days, I have been witnessing the fun and the not so fun things about being pregnant. As I am visiting my sister, a little over 8 months pregnant, I have been getting a first hand look at the whole experience. Thinking about having a human being growing within you is somewhat weird, yet intriguing to me. Before my sister was pregnant, and I knew someone that was pregnant or that had kids, I really didn't think too deeply about it other than that I was happy for them. But getting a closer look at the last couple weeks, it makes my heart go out to all the women who have had children. What a sacrifice they go through. My sister has not had the most easy pregnancy, and it doesn't seem to be finishing any easier. At her last Dr. appointment on Thursday, they basically put her on a step up from bed rest... not walking much and basically sitting with her feet propped up as much as possible. They are just being cautious, but she was extremely bummed, and I was bummed for her! I don't know what I would do if the Dr. told me that, I have a feeling I would rebel, but then it's not about me anymore, it's about keeping that human being within you healthy and that's a scary thing! But with all the not so fun things, I think about the whole creation of that child, and it amazes me and is just so beautiful... I'm at a loss of words!

We were able to get a photo shoot in before the bad "take it extremely easy news" though... good thing or else Mike, my brother-in-law, would have not let us do it- Ha! I wanted to take advantage of the fact that there is so much country nearby and so that is exactly what we did. Just drove in the country roads and found awesome stuff on the side of the road. She did awesome too! What a beautiful woman she is... and what a great mom & dad they both are going to be come a couple weeks. Congratulations and I love you both so much!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next two are two of my favorites of the day...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

rmsargent said...

you are the greatest sister anyone could hope for. thanks again for everything. I miss you already and love you. I love the pics, you did a great job. xoxoxoxo