WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Manistee North Pierhead

Our third stop was in Manistee, MI. This lighthouse was my absolute favorite, but also very challenging for me for a couple reasons:

1. We were racing against time because half the sky was blaaaa the other half was amazing, plus the wind was picking up even more.
2. In order to get out to this one you had to walk along the amazing LONG catwalk, which having heavy winds and nothing but water surrounding you can make someone a bit nervous. I thought I was going to fly into the water with my camera... I didn't care about myself too much, I know how to swim, but my camera I was concerned about, HA!
3. Being surrounded by all water and having a HUGE imagination that I have added to my slight nervousness, and I didn't know how deep it was and to be honest, water that I can't see the bottom kind of just creeps me out. But I survived!

The lighthouse itself had so much character to it, just sitting out in Lake Michigan by itself, such a peaceful feeling. It was old and rusted, yet amazingly beautiful. The waves would come in and the wind would blow, and those sounds combine can put you right to sleep. I find myself being so attracted to these structures for some unknown reason, maybe the thought that they are usually on the coast near water, or that you can only find them near the water, or something to do with being by water and I find bodies of water so peaceful, even if it can make me nervous! Ha... I'm not sure that makes sense, but oh well! They are beautiful and I love them!

Happy Wednesday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Karen Bosch said...

More beautiful shots! Wow! Got your comment - I would so love to get together sometime to learn from you. I am on vacation next week, but maybe after that. I'll be in touch! You are a sweetie!