WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oh Wow!!!!

Don't you just love movies??? I love them... watching them, going to them, renting them, I love it! I always hate picking the one to watch, but the rest of it is great! Ha!

I recently came across a movie in which reminded me of the time I was back in high school. I was horrified after watching a documentary in English class about the cigarette companies in our world. I remember how these people who had gotten lung cancer from smoking went to the companies and sang Christmas carols with their voice boxes.. pretty intense. I can't remember all of the details of the movie, but it pretty much scarred me for life. I was reminded by this feeling after I watched the movie Food Inc., anyone else seen this one? Oh wow... that's all I have to say! I can't believe I didn't know this stuff beforehand and am totally freaked out! I think I'm even more scarred for life... being the health freak that I am already has made me really question what I put into my body. I totally recommend everyone seeing this, even if it's just to educate yourself just a little more.

1 comment:

Jen Jary said...

Hey Abby!!

I hope you're doing well!! So, I posted on this because its something I'm so passionate about. I'm disgusted by factory farming and became a vegetarian overnight (and have been one for 5 years now!) when I learned the truth about where our food comes from. Whole Foods is awesome and has lots of great vegetable protein sources. If you want to find yummy recipes "Vegetarian Times" is AMAZING. Anyways, just thought I'd give you some info about it if you ever wanted to try any meat free options!!