WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Monday, June 7, 2010

Agghhh...

Agghhhh... Oh wow!

This is exactly what I said when I came home last night.

While I was in Indiana the last four days, I got a phone call from Todd Thursday to tell me him and his dad were working on the kitchen. I was so excited because the sooner they get started, the faster they get done and I have a NEW KITCHEN! Well... all four days I was gone, he would call and ask, "So what do you think about this idea?" or "What do you think about that?" I started to realize that when I came home, I just might not have much of a kitchen left. They ripped everything out of the existing kitchen that looked something like this...

Photobucket

I took it pretty well considering that I'm a HUGE neat freak and I really did not know what to expect. It was a bit surreal to me, like I was in the eye of a tornado. Literally, the eye of a tornado... everything around me was a wreck, yet I was calm.

As the next day came (today) and I got home from my morning yoga, it became apparent that I was not in a dream or a "tornado", but it was reality. I could not find where the bowls were, the silverware, the oatmeal, basically I spent a good 20 minutes digging through containers looking for the things I needed. I'm usually the one who picks things up and can't remember what I did with it, but Todd put all of our "kitchen" stuff in boxes and rubbermaid bins, along with using our kitchen table, TV trays, and bookcase to put some of the things we use a lot on. I can now blame the mess on him... ha! But seriously, during the time of searching for the few things I needed, I had to stop and just laugh! I dropped a whole bowl of broccoli in the bathroom sink, I cut my veggies with a butter knife, I ate my dinner on a paper plate with my table being a DIY kitchen hardback book... ha! I'm sure there will be tons more stories, but no matter how crazy and disorganized it is right now, I cannot get frustrated or be upset because I know it is ALL worth it!

Here's my temporary kitchen...

Photobucket

Happy Monday!

No comments: