WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Guessing Game Comes to an End...

What a CRAZY week last week was!!!

I started to forget what day it was and I apologize I was unable to post much. I guess you have weeks like that, and last week was surely one of those.

It was a BIG week over here for Todd and I as we venture into the next phase of our lives... the GENDER of our baby!

We had our anatomy ultrasound on Friday morning, which was absolutely incredible! Who would have thought that from our first ultrasound at 8 weeks, that the tiny little tadpole, that seriously looked like an alien, swimming around would turn into an actual person with a normal shaped head, arms, legs, and cute little belly! Although we chose not to find out if our baby was in fact a he or a she at our appointment, it was still really fun to see how much our little tadpole had changed.

Photobucket

I know for me, I have always wanted to wait to find out the gender of our baby until they were actually born, but Todd wanted to find out as soon as we could, so as a compromise we decided to find out after the appointment with friends and family surrounding us in anticipation, smiles, hugs, and a warm atmosphere without my naked belly showing. Haha! Plus, we LOVE parties, so why not plan one that would reveal such fun and exciting news, right?!

During the actual ultrasound, we let the tech know our plan, and how we just wanted her to write down what the gender was on a card we brought and have her seal it. After the appointment, we took the sealed envelope to my favorite cake designer, Nina from Nina Kelly Cakes, and she made a cake, by dying the batter either pink or blue, depending on if the card said "Girl" or "Boy", then she iced it, and added an amazing design the that was incredible! I swear this girl has more talent than Cake Boss! She's AMAZING! Plus, her stuff is DEEEEELICIOUS!!!

So the waiting game began... until... later that night, when Todd and I went out to eat to celebrate the success in our plan. We came back home to watch a movie, as usual when a movie pops into the DVD play, I'm out like a light. But after a few hours, I was woken up and told to go get ready for bed. I was half asleep and had no idea what was going on, all I knew was that I needed to find the bed upstairs. I was SOOOO tired! But low and behold that was not going to be the case and there was a knock on the door and in comes....

My bestest...

Photobucket

WHAT???? Seriously, someone needed to wake me up ASAP. How did she get up here without me knowing? TODD!!! How'd he keep that from me so long? I was so confused, but all I know is that they are both pretty sneaky. It just goes to show you why these two are two of my favorite people... I LOVE them so much!

Anyways...

Saturday came around, which the anticipation was extremely hard, but since my bestest was in town, she was keeping my mind totally occupied. Plus, later in the day, my mom made the drive up for our party as well. I was so excited! We all had a great day hanging out and after picking up the gorgeous cake...

Photobucket

and 8PM had come around, it was time for the reveal... I felt like it was our wedding day again, the excitement, the anticipation, the emotions were all so overwhelming, yet it was TIME for our lives to move forward and find out what this baby growing in my belly would be... PINK OR BLUE!!!

Photobucket

We're having a BOY!!!

Photobucket

We are so excited...

Photobucket

And the famous ultrasound that was being passed around of our baby boy's gender... this is as close as you're going to see and one day our son might kill me for posting this photo. Haha! Let's just say that there is an arrow that points right to deciding factor of how they know it's a boy... haha!

Photobucket

Luckily, I have some awesome friends, one of those being my dear friend and fellow uber talented photographer, Jenn Anibal, who offered to bring her camera and provided us with the reveal photos... I couldn't have been more excited about that, considering Todd and I were debating on who we should give the camera to. Ha... we can't be two places at once, huh?!

We are both so excited and are so glad we were able to find out the way we did... what a memorable moment to share with our loved ones!

One of my TOP 5 moments of my life!!!

2 comments:

Laura Webber said...

Yay! We are SOOOOOOO excited for both of you! And... we know from experience, BOYS are the BEST!

Kristin Yvonne. said...

Loved being part of this!!! YAYAY!!!