WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Safe and Sound...

A couple months back, I told a story of wanting to go somewhere and be "useful". I wanted to go to a place to not only help as much as I could, but also to bring a new visual perspective on life... little did I know that even though I really wanted that to happen, there were 'other' plans for me.

In those last couple months, Todd and I had decided were going to team up with an organization called Raincatchers. Raincatchers is based out of Haiti and their main goal is to build gutter systems for the locals to provide them with clean drinking water. I thought that would be such an amazing experience, especially with all of the stuff that has been going on there.

But as the time grew closer to go, the country of Haiti was holding some elections and they were having some problems with rioting, it was just not safe for us to go then, so our trip had to be postponed. I was so bummed! I had hope because they were going to be postponing to a time I could go, luckily it wasn't going to be in the middle of summer, in the midst of all the weddings we were going to be involved with.

Well a little other "surprise" came and basically, my chances to go were deleted. But even though I was unable to follow through with the trip, my other half, Todd, was still on board to go and make a difference... and the team he is with have not wasted any time in doing so.

I have not heard from him personally, since he did not know the conditions of communication, but I have heard an update from someone who is in connection with the current team over there now, and I do know they made it safe and sound, and a pretty cool story I wanted to share. It turns out that once they flew in to Port au Prince, they were delayed at customs, which I am told is pretty rare. As they finally made it out of customs and were making their way up the mountain to the clinic they were going to staying at, they came across a bus accident that JUST happened, and were able to help them out. That is pretty amazing... being delayed and the accident, doesn't seem like a coincidence... seems pretty "intentional" to me.



After hearing that, it gave me such a calmness knowing that as much as it really stinks not having my love and friend here, I know he is being used for the greater good! And believe me, it was REALLY, REALLY hard for me to say goodbye for JUST a week! I know it's for the best and he is going to be doing some amazing things this week!!!

Happy Monday!

No comments: