WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I know... a few days late, but we were actually traveling AGAIN.

This time, we made our way down to Indianapolis to visit my BEST friend Stephanie and her husband Ethan. I was so excited as I have been planning this vacation for over a year now. The vacation obviously came with some work involved because we booked a wedding that was about 2 hours west of their home in Indy, but we were able to plan to come a day early and hang out, since everyone would be off of work on the 4th! I was so glad to visit because good friends are hard to come by when you get older. But no matter what the distance, it cannot keep us two apart, we are closer now than we ever have been and hopefully one day we will live closer (If I can just talk her into moving up here- Ha!) But we had SO much fun! We decided to have a cookout, despite the rain that decided to join us... boo! But it did clear up in time for us to go watch fireworks. Fireworks were... ehhhh... just OK! They weren't very long and the finale consisted of three fireworks in a row... whooo! We just sat there waiting for more to come, and then realized that was it. But we had such a good time catching up and just hanging out and most of all laughing together, which we always do, but it's so much funner in person. I cherish these moments so much because I know they don't happen everyday.

Here are a couple photos from our trip right out of my point and shoot camera. I'll be posting the wedding we did on Saturday later this week.






Saturday, we took photos all day, and it was a beautiful day for it! The couple and families were SUPER sweet and I love it when we get great couples/families because it makes it THAT much more enjoyable.

After shooting the wedding on Saturday night. We stayed back in Indy and drove through Kokomo to meet up with my family for breakfast. It was worth getting up early, especially since we didn't get to bed until 2:30am and got up at 6:30am to meet them. I was so happy to see them all, especially since this will be the LAST time without baby Isabella. It could be this week when she comes, and we couldn't be more excited for them! I'll keep everyone informed! Until then...

Check out that cute baby outfit... yes, that is a wiener dog on there, in honor of Berra, their miniature dauchsun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWW I LOVE YOU!!!