WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm a WINNER!

Do you ever feel like your competing in just about everything you do?

I am the worst when it comes to games... I hate losing and I get SO mad when that happens, which happens A LOT! I hate the phrase "It's just a game!" Anyone who is competitive knows better than that.. it's not JUST a game, it's a confidence booster, the title of "WINNER" and not "loser", bragging rights, of course, and the idea that you can hold a backwards "L" to your forehead at your opponent. Haha! Ok, I'm not that bad! (Todd might disagree here, but I'm harmless... remember I lose a lot!)

But sometimes I feel like I'm competing more so lately than EVER before and it involves mowing our lawn. I've never really cared too much about our lawn, I mean it's nice to have green grass and not many weeds, but whatever. I'm not sure if it has become a new hobby of mine or just the fact that our neighbor has been mowing his every other day and I HAVE to keep up. I have grown to love those freshly dented tire tracks... it looks so neat and clean! But I have a feeling that it's more of a game to me than to our poor neighbor, even if he's not really playing I'm totally out there mowing and smiling from ear to ear, thinking in my head.... "GOT'CHA!"

So my game this summer is to mow more times than him and show him up with a better looking lawn... if I am successful I'm totally going to be bragging and making my backwards "L" at him... just kidding! He's such a nice guy I would feel terrible doing that, but I would think to myself....

"I'm totally the WINNER!"

And because every blog post is so much better with a photo, here is a preview of what is to come later this week...

Photobucket

No comments: