WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

#8 and David & Kelly :: Wedding

If you haven't noticed, I talk a lot about being cold. Ha! The thought of it makes me want to turn on my spare heater right underneath my desk as I type this. Ok, so it's already on, but if it wasn't I would totally turn it on because being warm makes me feel soothed, peaceful, heavenly, and just so pleasant inside and out. This year hasn't exactly been known for it's warm months, now has it? Forget global warming, we are turning into a huge iceberg, which has brought me to my #8. I am o-so-thankful for all those WARM bowls of oats I have had this year. Those oats have not only kept me warm, but also kept me super healthy. I love a good bowl topped with cinnomon & apples, or some yummy creamy almond butter, or baked oatmeal with blueberries, oh my goodness my mouth is watering right now. Just let me know if you need an oatmeal suggestion... you can just call me the Oat Queen! Mmmm...

Photobucket


So speaking of cold, who would have thought that the middle of October would be COLD? I never thought that, but I also didn't think that we would have record low temperatures in July, right? It just so happened that one of those cold days of October was the day of one of the most beautiful weddings.

David & Kelly also never thought that the full year of planning for their October wedding they would need coats and hats for their day. But that didn't stop any of the fun and even added a little spunk to the photos! I have to say that I seriously LOVE this couple. When we first met, it just so happened that after talking a few minutes we realized that Kelly worked at the same company as Todd. Then a few short months after realizing that, they were placed on the same team together. What a small world!!! They were able to get to know each other better and at the wedding, we were like friends just hanging out. I love it!

David and Kelly met up that day exactly where their engagement started... the gazebo he proposed just right down the road from Kelly's house. I thought that was the sweetest moment! Both of them were so excited and so into each other, it reminded me of the movie Forces of Nature at the end where Ben is talking with his finance, Bridget, and there is a huge hurricane going on all around them, but they were in their own tunnel-like coversation, looking in each others eyes and not noticing anything around them. Todd and I were shooting right around them, Jamie from Jamie Honce Productions was all surrounding them, and their bridal party was all around them, but they didn't care one bit, so sweet! After getting some awesome shots over at Heritage Park, where we did their engagement session, we headed to the church. They were married at Kelly's parents church, Price of Peace in Farmington Hills, which was super sweet. I know it meant a lot to have their ceremony there, which just goes to show what kind of people David & Kelly are. Now you know why I love this couple... fun, sweet, thoughtful, all around people I can't wait to hang out with soon!

Congratulations you guys... we are so happy for you and wish you nothing but the best!!!!


Here are some of my favorites and a slideshow with more of their day!

Ok so to start off the day, Kelly's dad came down wearing this... ha! I knew it was going to be a fun day...

Photobucket

Kelly looked amazing...

Photobucket

How could you not love this one... (sorry Kelly, I had to! I'm such a mooosh when it comes to dogs!)

Photobucket

Their first look so sweet!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Absolutely stunning!!!!

Photobucket

David was pretty handsome as well, but honestly how can you compete with Kelly...

Photobucket

One of my favorites of the day... hilarious!

Photobucket

I always love a good ol' kiss while walking... mmm...!!!

Photobucket

They have so much fun together!

Photobucket


Check out more photos of their wedding...

No comments: