WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

ONE!

Warning: Just note that this gets a little gooshy!

Happy Anniversary to my one and only!

I have loved you for five years now, and each year that passes I feel more love than the first day we met. For those of you who don't know "our" story, what a great time to tell it on this memorial day!

I met Todd my Junior year in college, he was a Sophomore, (Yes yes, I'm the older one... Ha!) while there was a pretty bad storm coming through our school. Everyone was outside checking it out, some even wanted to chase it down, but as I was out scoping it out I noticed him and some of his friends were checking out the storm through the window of their dorm. I knew a couple of his friends, and being the rebel I am, I broke the "boys-only-in-the-dorm" rule, and went up to where they were to check join in on watching the storm.

Fast forward a year, it's my senior year/his junior year. It's preseason soccer for me, new student orientation leadership for him, him and his friends were having a get together at his apartment and I came by with some of my friends, him and I ended up talking for quite a few hours and our friendship, literally, blossomed from that moment. My roommate and I would run after practice and a few others would join us, one of those people included him. We ended up always being the ones to run next to each other and talking about anything and everything. A few months of hanging out... he decided to take me to Michigan to see the sites of Detroit. It was a pretty interesting trip... and from then on, we continued bonding and enjoying each others company, and although there was never a question or statement of "Will you go out with me? Circle 'yes' or 'no'," (Ha!) we both knew how we were feeling for each other and our relationship grew even more.

Fast forward another 6 months to my graduation, Todd offered to have me move in with his family since I wanted to get a fresh place to start my own photography business. Everything fell into place perfectly! The summer was awesome, I got to get to know not only him a bit more, but also his family who I had only met just a few times. We made it through that long year of him being at school, me being here starting my indepence and then on June 13 2006, Todd proposed! It was ONE of the best days of my life. After the 5 1/2 months of our engagement, we tied the knot... November 25, 2006. A beautiful and flawless day of November! Absolutely PERFECT!

I am so thankful for my husband, Todd! I honestly do not know or even want to know what life would be like without him. He builds me up each day, teaches me new things, amazes me by his knowledge, he makes me laugh like no one else can, he has a heart so big it would probably stretch all the way around the world, his love for me is so warm and feels so unconditional, and he is someone I can always count on and trust completely. I have no doubts when I am with him, and know that our life together is so beautiful! I wouldn't change one thing and am so grateful I have been able to share all this time I've had with him!

Mwaaaa... I love you and am so thankful for you!

Photobucket

3 comments:

ashley said...

hey! happy anniversary! i've admired your photography blog for quite awhile now....but i just had to leave a comment when i read that we have the same anniversary!

Veldman Photo said...

How fun... happy anniversary to you as well!

steph bratcher said...

i think of you two every year on this day! so happy to have been a part of your special day... love the recap of your love story too... and i love you!!! miss ya chachi