WELCOME!

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming by to check out Veldman Photo's blog. Feel free to check back often, as we will keep you updated with not only our work, but we'll sneak some of our life in as well. Who doesn't love a good, funny story because you know that there's always something strange and odd happening around these woods!

If you are interested in booking Veldman Photo for a wedding or portrait session, or have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for coming by!

Abby (& Todd)

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Five & Four...

I have to say that there are many perks about working for yourself. The flexible schedule, never getting yelled at by someone else, working in whatever suits you best that day, just to name a few... but I have to add that there are some negative things as well, working by yourself, getting cabin fever, having a lot more energy than your husband when he gets off work. I know there are sacrifices and advantages on both ends, but I have to say I'm especially thankful for that flexible schedule of mine this year. I have been able to visit my family and friends down in Indiana, which is great considering we have to miss both holidays this year due to weddings over their weekends. But having that flexible schedule has made it okay. We still make it work and I guess it's not really the "day" that matters, it's the time you do spend with them.

For all those weekends and holiday's we weren't and aren't able to come visit, I have to say I'm so thankful for the invention of skype. For those of you who don't know about it, check it out, it's awesome! It has helped me keep in touch with family and friends and see my niece, so she doesn't forget who I am. It has been a wonderful thing this year, and helped me actually get out of my PJ's at work since it's a visual phone call. Haha! I love it!

This weekend Todd and I visited my family down in Indiana for an early Thanksgiving, and I'm staying a few extra days since he's got a couple really busy days ahead of him this week. These are the days I'm super thankful for that flexible schedule and Thursday I will be glad for skype to at least see them on the actual holiday!

Photobucket

No comments: